Saturday, July 24, 2010

Potty!

So its been awhile since I posted about potty success but tonight we had a break through. Almost every night when Lilly goes up for a bath, we ask her if she wants to sit on the potty. The answer is almost always "No, I not sit on the potty". We figure when its time she will go.

Well today, we got home a little late from a fun afternoon at the pool with our best friends Soup and Al, and I got the bath already and no sitting on the potty, so we finished out bath time routine. When it was time to go get her diaper on, she ran out of room, saying "I go sit on the potty" and I was like ok, I went into her room thinking she was just delaying getting ready for bed but I see her go squat and make a funny face. I go run and check and she was peeing! I was so excited for her! I also think she was excited herself. Its like something clicked and she realized that she knew she had to pee and then she sat and went! It was so great! I immediately showered her with praise and we went down stairs and got some candy. When I asked her what she got the candy for she said for the potty.

I am still over the moon about it, I am also a little upset that Ben was not here to see it. Ben left for France today for a week. Its going to be just me and Bean for the week. I already can't wait for him to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment