Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July America! What a 4th we had, it was hot, we tried new things and saw some awesome fireworks downtown. We got up nice and early Sunday morning, I would like to thank Bean for that. Not! Pretty much she went to bed at 9:30pm and got up at 6:15 am, not enough sleep for anyone but we made the best of the morning. Once we got dressed we headed outside to play for a bit. It was nice a hot but that didn't stop Lilly. Here are a few pics of our morning.

Lilly attempting to play catch with Ben.

Bubble time
Diva with her sunglasses and bubbles!
Ha, I love this picture! Deer in headlights! I think she just squirted herself, actually.

Serious Bean, I loved her outfit!

After our morning outside, we came in had some lunch and it was nap time. Lilly did take a good 2.5 hour nap. She really needed it and I enjoyed having sometime to relax without worrying what Bean was up to. When she woke up the three of us decided that we should attempt going to the Hampden Roosevelt Public Pool. A few moms from my mom's group had mentioned it was a good pool, and for $1.50 you can't beat the price. We put our bathing suits on and we were on our way. I only got a few pics from my phone but the baby pool is pretty awesome and overall it was a pretty good experience for all. Lilly got used to the pool and was walking all around it once she realized she could touch the bottom. She even let me carry her through the different fountains and sprayers.

After the pool, we came home showered had some dinner and got ready to head downtown. Benson invited us to his apartment to watch the fireworks. I really wasn't sure how things were going to go with Bean. She was going to be up past her bedtime and who knew if she would be terrified of the noise or not. We got to the apartment around 8:00 (and Benson has a pretty awesome apartment) and at about 9:15 pm we headed up the the rooftop. Lilly of course was all wound up, I am sure she was just trying to keep herself awake, but she didn't do too bad. At 9:30pm the fireworks started. Lilly sat right down with Grandpa and was mesmerized. She loved them. She wasn't scared at all. Again, I didn't bring my camera so these pics are from my phone. I can't wait to get the new iPhone so I have a flash.

We were so close we had firework ash on us and for those who were drinking, in their cups!

Bean chilling with Grandpa, she did such an amazing job, I was so proud of her!

At the finale she stood up to watch. Seriously--she loved them! She still talks about it and I am so glad she got to see her first fireworks, I hope next year goes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment