Saturday, January 24, 2009

12 Month Well Baby visit!

This past thursday Lilly went to see Dr. Roskes for her 12 month well baby visit. She did ok, not great but thats to be expected. Since Dr. Roskes was my pediatrician so he knows my family and was sorry to hear about the loss of my mom. He was very nice and gave me a big hug and wanted to know how my dad was doing. Very thoughtful of him. Anyways, when he walked in the room Lilly started to cry. She knew what was coming. She practically jumped on me to hold her and I sure did. My poor baby :(

Dr. Roskes was impressed with her walking at such an early stage (she walked at 10 1/2 months) and likes that she is doing well eating table foods. He gave us the go ahead to start cows milk and we have.

Lilly currently weights 19 lbs. 2 oz and is 29 3/4 inches tall. Overall a good size, so I am happy. Bean is still not a fan of shots and screams her little head off. She also had to get her finger pricked for the lead test. I hated it. Poor Bean just screamed her head off and was all sweaty, I too was also sweaty and practically in tears myself. Its just so hard to see them all worked up!

Before we left the doctors office I finally scheduled Lilly to get her ear's pierced. I am excited and nervous, mostly nervous about this. She is getting this done on Thursday so be on the look out for pictures and an update. 

Mainly I can't post without a posting a picture, so hear is Bean after her dr. appointment.
Here is an upclose picture of the digger Bean got when she tried to run away from me. I picked her up from daycare, and I let her walk to the car, but she had other plans. She was headed for the field and well since she is still so new to walking/running, stopping when you have to much momentum doesn't always end well. Poor Bean :(


No comments:

Post a Comment