Monday, March 2, 2009

In like a LION!

On the second day of March, Baltimore had its first real snow storm of the year! WooHoo, I was excited and Lilly seemed excited to see it from the window.

We went out around 10 and last about 10 minutes. I think getting ready took long then we were outside! Lilly loved getting her snow pants on for the first time and when I handed her coat to her she went right over to Ben to get him to put it on. It was so cute.
Putting on her mittens


Once we were outside Lilly walked around and wasn't sure about all the snow at all. She did take a bit of a digger and then wasn't to happy to be in the snow anymore. So I carried her around a bit and then we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Lilly and I didn't make it to far, since the wind picked up. We got back to our front steps and Lilly thought it would be ok to do some more exploring in the snow.

I had just Lilly down in the snow for the first time!




Right after she took her digger.

Bean is all smiles! She really did like the snow!

Me and Bean in the snow...she doesn't look happy, but it was right after another fall in the snow.

Here we are in the middle of Chestnut Hill. No cars around, enjoying the snow.



After we got back from our short walk. Bean being more adventurous on the steps.



Lilly watching Ben shovel the side walk.



Keys in hand, Lilly wanting to go somewhere. She just didn't clue us in on where she wanted to go ;)


We did end up going to Charles Village Pub for lunch with Uncle Benson, Aunt Kate and Grandpa. It was great to get out for lunch and Lilly didn't do to bad. She munched on a mozzarella stick and stole my chips. She eventually eat some of the cheese quesadilla but most snacked on not healthy food. Oh well, snow days a few and far between, so I guess its ok. Overall, we had an awesome day and I am so glad I stayed home from work today! Oh not to mention Lilly managed to nap for almost 4 hours! Ben and I got to watch a movie without interupptions, yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I was so excited to see an update!!!! What a cutie pie! How much snow did you guys get? I am so jealous of you guys playing outside - we can't bc of Jack's breathing :( Glad she enjoyed it. Sounds like you guys had a really perfect day- I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we got about 5 inches...which of course is huge for Baltimore. Schools were closed and even cause a 2 hour delay yesterday!

    I am so glad I was able to hang out with my girl :D

    ReplyDelete